I love having this pesto prepped in the fridge because it is so versatile and it lasts up to ten days in the fridge. I have used it on homemade pizzas, gf pasta, salads, wraps and I have even put it with cooked salmon. I love having these pre made sauces/dressings made because it really does make creating delicious meals so easy. I can easily use this pesto for 2 or 3 meals in the week and the pesto itself takes no more than 10 minutes to make and thats moving slow :)
You really do have to be prepared if you want to start eating healthy. First you have to have the healthy produce on hand and second you have to be willing to cook. But having this pesto prepared in advance means the actual process of making a meal becomes not so daunting.
Vegan Basil Pesto
- 2 cups packed basil leaves (rough stems removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil/avacado oil
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed (approx 3 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup soaked cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours)
How to cook Vegan Basil Pesto
- Pull rough stems off basil and discard. Place the basil in a high-speed blender or better yet a food processor. Add the oil, lemon juice, cashews (discard soaking water) and pine nuts. Blend at medium speed. If using a blender use the tamper to press the mixture off the sides.
- Keep blending until there appear to be no large chunks of cashews. The mixture will not be smooth. See mixture below for reference.
- Once finished transferring your pesto to a jar or an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
If you have any requests for recipes please reach out to me here in the comments. Also, if you do make this pesto be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing my recipes in other kitchens around the world. It brings me great joy. Really!
We are all at different stages on our health journey and as long as you continue to make choices that support where you want to be then you are on the right track.