Sometimes I think we assume that whatever we are eating we are absorbing all the nutrients that were in that food. However, sadly thats not actually the case. Without a all in check healthy functioning tippity top digestive system a lot of the food we consume is not broken down and absorbed.
But the more digestive enzymes we can introduce in whole food form the more likely our digestive systems can break down the food and utilise all its nutrition. Digestive enzymes help your gut break down foods and deliver healthy vitamins, minerals, protein, and more to your body.
When you eat, your digestive system—especially your stomach and intestines—get to work gleaning protein, vitamins, fats, and carbs from your food. These nutrients enter your bloodstream, and your body puts them to use for energy, growth, and repair.
The energy balls I created contain both mango and apricots both of these fruits are extremely high in digestive enzymes with means all the vital nutrients and minerals will be integrated by the body.
I believe in eating whole foods with as little packaged foods as possible. Buying the highest quality food that you can get your hands on is going to serve you best. I love making two options of energy balls at the beginning of the week that way I have snacks on demand for both Blu and I. She actually helped me create these balls which was the cutest thing ever. Its the first time she has taken a real interest in what I am actually doing in the kitchen. It gives me a great sense of acomplishment knowing that all of the healthy food I expose her to will be her normal.
High Enzyme Apricot & Mango Energy Balls
- 150g dried mango (organic)
- 1 cup almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 170g dried (organic) apricots
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
How to cook High Enzyme Apricot & Mango Energy Balls
- Pour oats and shredded coconut into the blender and blend till fine powder. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add apricots, mango, coconut oil and almond butter to the blender and blend until there are no big lumps of fruit. you will have a thick and sticky consistency but everything will be emulsified.
- Transfer the wet and dry ingredients to one mixing bowl. Using a spoon or your hands' combine. Once combined make tablespoon size balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined tray in the freezer to set. Once frozen & hard transfer the balls to an airtight container where you can store in the fridge or the freezer.
I love creating different snack balls that way you can never get sick of them. Blu especially loved these. I think its because the mango makes them deliciously sweet but not to sweet, if you know what i mean? Send me a message or comment below with somehting you would like to see in an energy ball combination. Also, find me on social media so you can follow along with my health and wellness journey. I love sharing all that i discover and of course anything i preach i have tried and tested on myself.
Thank you for your support and please embrace your gifts in the kitchen its easier than you think. And once you get into the habit there comes a point where theres no stopping you :)