This is the one recipe that you must make. The first time you make it I estimate it to take you ten minutes. However, second time I bet you can get it down to five minutes. Its a staple in our fridge for the past few weeks. All three of us LOVE it. On everything. You can put it on protein, tacos, pasta, salad. If you have ever analysed the comercial nut cheeses you find in the supermarket you will notice most are full of crap that you cant prounounce. So many extra unecesary additives that you dont want in you body. Make this delicious Cashew Sour Cream with only whole ingredients and your tummy and tastebuds will be forever grateful.
Cashew Sour Cream
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 10 - 12 hours)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tbsp yeast flakes
- generous pinch of mineral salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
How to cook Cashew Sour Cream
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and add 2 cups of the water. Set aside uncovered at room temperature for 10 to 12 hours. The cashews are ready when they break apart when pressed between two fingers.
- Drain the soaking water from the cashews. Add the drained cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon, remaining 1/2 cup water, and salt to a blender.
- Blend on high speed until completely smooth, about 3 minutes. Stop scrape down the sides of the blender and process again for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a container or jar with airtight lid and store it in the fridge.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to check my recipes that use this delicious Sour Cream like my “Mushroom Tacos” .
I want to hear from you. I want to see pictures if you make my recipes. Please reach out to me. You can find me by clicking the social media links below. If you have a request for a recipe done the healthy way leave me a comment below and I will see what I can do :)