I often get into cooking spree moods. I will create and play in the kitchen until my freezer is full of safety snacks and treats. This way when things get hectic i always have healthy choices prepped to go. I am extremely health conscious and its a passion of mine to create healthy and delicious sweet treats because I still have a sweet tooth.
The apricot balls I created in mind for my one year old and I to be able to share and at this point in time she really loves them (things change daily with her :) . I carry them on us in a cooler bag for snacks when we out and about. They also work well for breakfast when we are running late or are on the road traveling.
With only a couple of ingredients these healthy snacks are simple and easy to make. They have a long shelf life if kept in an airtight container in the freezer and out of your mouth :)
My little one has been exposed to various textures so this is nothing new for her. She has also been exposed to all the ingredients in these balls.
Easy Peasy Apricot Balls
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup almond butter (unsweetened)
- 4 dates
- 1 packet apricots (170g)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lucuma
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut/coconut chips
How to cook Easy Peasy Apricot Balls
- Place oats, lucuma and coconut (if using) in a blender. Blend until rough flour. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Place apricots, dates, almond butter and coconut oil in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to mixing bowl with oat mixture.
- Using a sppo or hands combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Make into tbsp size balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined plate or tray and set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge or freezer.
This is a great snack for little ones. Its tasty and full of nutrition much better than any packaged bar. They really are easy and quick to make so I encourage you to try this recipe out. If you do be sure to tag me on social media and show me your creation. I love seeing my recipes in others kitchens.
If you have any requests be sure to let me know. In the meantime leave me a comment so we can connect.